9 Iconic Aim Away Messages Youll Definitely Remember

A Trip Down Memory Lane

9 Iconic AIM Away Messages You'll Definitely Remember

"IM me if ur up"

The early 2000s were a simpler time, a time when dial-up connections were the norm and Instant Messaging (IM) ruled the digital world. AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) was the undisputed king of IM, and its iconic away messages were a staple of our online lives. Here are 9 AIM away messages that you definitely used back in the day:

  1. "IM me if ur up"
  2. "BRB dinner"
  3. "At school, don't bother me!"
  4. "Away from the computer, back in a bit"
  5. "Listening to music, please don't disturb"
  6. "Out with friends, catch you later"
  7. "Not here right now, leave a message"
  8. "Busy with homework, don't IM me"
  9. "Gone to the store, be back soon"

These away messages were more than just a way to let people know you weren't at your computer. They were a way to express yourself, to show off your personality, and to connect with others. They were a way to say, "I'm here, I'm available, and I'm ready to chat." Or, they were a way to say, "Leave me alone, I'm busy." Either way, AIM away messages were an essential part of the online experience in the early 2000s.

If you're feeling nostalgic for the good old days of AIM, why not take a trip down memory lane and see which of these away messages you used to use? Or, if you're too young to have experienced the AIM phenomenon, ask your parents or older siblings about it. They'll be happy to tell you all about the joys of instant messaging in the early 2000s.


No comments :

Post a Comment